Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Sunday 24 June 2012

Minus & Plus: Any difference?

More than one year ago when I left Accenture; some things have changed.


- For the first time in 8 years I stopped working
- I was a total house wife for two and a half months










With these changes, it resulted to:


- More time with my family in Laguna; bonding and all 
- More time with my husband and being a wife and companion
- More time to clean my closets and realized there were so many things to use and wear
- More time to process identification cards (SSS, TIN, Voter's ID)
- More time to explore more opportunities for me outside 
- Finding out my love for writing and making it into a reality
- Realizing there is a child in me with FB and iPad games
- Being able to cook different simple dishes and enjoying them
- Having my own workout plan that really worked
- Being able to watch my favorite TV series (CSI NY and 100 Days to Heaven)


Then after patiently waiting for a suitable job for me, it came.  
Another blessing from HIM.


As I am doing my work there were a lot of adjustments as well.


- I am in a "bit" of different work set up (as a Recruitment Consultant)
- My clients are all external
- We do not have security things at the office (Cable Lock, Access List, Encryption) - but we have access badge :D
- I missed all the calls, pings, emails, call support, texts


Although there were things that I looked for, other things have presented themselves to me as I go along with my work and as we lived here in MY.


- I don't need to wake up at 5am to meet my 8:30am working time
- I appreciated how Light Rail Transit made my transportation a breeze
- I had more time writing and learning new things (work and non work)
- I was able to appreciate working with other nationalities and understanding their needs
- I was able to watch more TV series, movies and news (from a 42" LED TV :D)
- Weekends are solely for me and my husband
- Appreciations made by my candidates
- The genuine friendship from my fellow OFWs here in MY
- The none stop laughter when we have simple house parties
- The shopping (Yes, Sweets love to shop)!


Many more things to say but the most important thing is that, me and my husband has the opportunity to live on our own, independently!


What I wanted to emphasize in this sharing is that things will happen which may not be in accordance with our plans, more often negative things.  There are times that they are uncontrollable but what should we do?


My point in life is that in each negative scenario, I should be able to see at least two positive results from them.  With this in mind, I am not lingering on the negativity but is having the positive outlook in life which makes life easier.


It's very simple, always look at the brighter side of things!
It is not what people see, it is what you see with the situation!





No comments:

Post a Comment