Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 5 September 2014

Happy Friday: Remember the Reason for the Season!

Five days of September and I am already feeling the Christmas spirit.
Last Monday, while I was walking in the mall, Christmas carols were already played.. oh em gee! It's really Christmas and I am very excited to prepare for it.

While we are all excited for Christmas, let us not forget the reason for the season and make it special for our family, friends and ourselves.  This is the time to meet with our family and friends and catch up as long as we can.  With this in mind, we always need to remind ourselves that we attended the gathering to communicate and not to surf our social media profiles all the time.


Saw this photo from the internet and it's a good wake up call for all of us.
Communication (verbal) and interaction is very important, it helps build relationships and even cure sickness.  Like personally, I would be pissed if my friends or family would be looking at their phones instead of listening to my stories. (not that I am selfish - but if you want to just look at your phone all night -- then I just wasted my time on you!)

If you have the chance to meet up with your family and friends, whether it's just a simple lunch / dinner out or reunion.  Take that opportunity to catch up!!
Let us all avoid being in the venue but pre-occupied with social media. 

Disclaimer:
- It's fine to tweet where you are right now, who you are with;
- It's also fine check-in in FB;
- It's fine to take a picture of your meal;

"Just don't let these social media consume your time"

PS: Do you already have your Christmas Game Plan? I do -- read more Here

Xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment