Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 6 September 2014

Happy to share!


Accenture is very active when it comes to recruitment activities and I am thankful that I was able to participate in some of their activities. Some of their programs includes conducting trainings and workshops, topics of which are given by the universities or sometimes we offer the module that we have.

I volunteered to present the "Professional Image".
The materials were given to me and all I had to do was to study them and make sure that I get the message across. 


The first batch whom I presented this topic was;

School - Far Eastern University
Course - IT and Computer Science
Attendees - 100 students

The second one was;

School - Asia Pacific College
Course - AB Multi Media and Arts
Attendees - 80 students


It was both an exciting and challenging experience.  Exciting because I get to share my experience and ideas to the young generation (yuck I feel so old!).  Challenging because I had to keep the participation going and I need to make sure they will feel the importance of my topic.  Good for me, all of them (FEU and APC) were both very active and participative.  I always tell them "I am not doing this session for myself, I am doing this to help you understand the importance of being professional".


I am looking forward to more speaking engagements with different universities.  It does not just give me the experience but it gives me the opportunity to give back whatever it is that I learned from Accenture!  For the things that I am thankful for! 

How about you?  How do you want to share your skills and passion?

Thanks to both schools for appreciating and trusting me in conducting the session to your students! 


Thanks Accenture for the support and encouragement in doing such sessions!! 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment