Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 20 September 2014

Are you ready for Christmas?



Few more weeks and Christmas is here!  I really cannot hide my excitement everytime "Ber" months comes in, Christmas is really one of my favorite events of the year! A few weeks back, I posted a link about "My Christmas Game plan" and it detailed my timeline til Christmas time.

The plan might be a little too overwhelming because I indicated a bit of details in it but trust me it helped a lot in my planning. 

Now I want to share a simple list to help us prepare for the upcoming season of merriment.  Here are the things that you need to plan:

1. Plan your gatherings - when you want to meet your family and friends, once you have a confirmed event, make sure to block it off in your calendar. Do not forget to take into consideration your team / company Christmas parties as well.  My suggestion is to really plan ahead, it's not only our schedule that we are taking into consideration, it's also our friends' and families' schedule that we need to block.

2. Plan what gifts you would like to give - when I am planning for gift giving, I don't always go for the extravagant one, I always believe in the saying "Its the thought that counts".  I always go for (a) practical (b) useful (c) cheap gifts that I know will be appreciated!  My suggestion is to start buying gifts as early as September (you have to have a list of course of who you would like to give your gifts to) - once you have purchased a gift, update your list religiously.  By December, you will be surprised that you don't have to spend for gifts anymore -- or at least you just have to spend a minimal amount. 

3. Plan your budget - Undoubtedly, Christmas is the time where you really have to spend.  Whether you like it or not, there is really no escaping shopping.  Even if you are not having an extravagant party, you will still have to spend for your family's celebration.  My suggestion is for us to save at least 1-2k bi monthly starting September, come December we will have enough.

I hope that these three items will help you plan for your Christmas activities and spendings!! 

Xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment