Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 20 September 2014

How many "inaanaks" do you have?


For me to answer this question, I have to stop and sit with a paper and pen.  I have to write them all down and I will need at least 30 minutes to make sure that I will not miss anyone.  Why do I have to write their names down?

1. I need to figure out exactly how many they really are.
2. I need to figure out who deserves a gift.

#1 is normal - yes we need to know who they are because we do not want to be caught up in a situation wherein someone will approach us and say "oh bless sa ninang!".

#2 is normal for me - I need to figure out who deserves to receive a gift.  Of course all of them will get something from me but it all differs on the effort that I will put in, in getting their gifts. 

Not sure for others but #2 is normal for me.  Simply because I am not rich and I can't give all of them the gifts that they wish to have.  Here are my top 2 rule of thumb:

* The situation of our relationship - if I get to see you often.  I mean interact with you at least once a month and see you grow and learn how to stand and even walk.

* My relationship with your (my inaanak's) parents - let's face it, we became god parents to you because of the relationship that we have with your parents.  The rest is self explanatory.

If you have a godchild (we all have) and you are already thinking of what you'll give them for Christmas then these rules might help you plan.  No one wants to spend their holiday season being stressed in hiding from their inaanaks right!!

To my inaanaks out there-- all of you have grown by age and by quantity.  As early as now I would like to greet you a very merry Christmas and at an early age, let me remind you that it's not all about the gift- it's my role as your second parent that is more important. ^_^

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment