Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 16 January 2014

My 2014 Hobby!

You know how crafty I am, I have a lot of DIYs, some samples are:

1. When I did my own Gloves
2. Love for our wall Part I & Love for our wall Part II
3. My own Arm Candy Holder

I so love crafting and DIYing and I am always excited to learn new things about anything that has something to do with crafting.  My ideas came from Pinterest.

Last christmas, one of the sweetest gift I got was from (of course) my dear husband!  He knows that I love crafting so much and he is very supportive of it.  Thus he gave me this!  A portable sewing machine!



Even before he went back to the Philippines, I knew he already bought it and I was very excited to open it (like a kid!).  I never touched a sewing machine before and thus I had to study it first!

Well I watched some Sewing 101 from YouTube and it just made me familiar with the sewing machine parts.  The actual sewing happened just last night.

I am a newby, I know, but I was confident that I already want to repair my Chambray top.  It was big so I wasn't able to use it and so I think this is the perfect opportunity for me to test my sewing skills.

I was lucky to have Papa (Nestor) help me out in my conquest to sewing.  One really need to learn hands on!

Now here is what I did!



If you will notice the one on the left, the sewing line was crooked. 
On the right side, it is more straight and I got so proud!

I know I need more practice and I am excited to take each sewing day at a time!  I have a lot of clothes that I want to redo and accessorize, that I am so excited!

Here is my chambray! It fits me well now!
Not perfect but it's something that I can be proud of!


Till my next sewing adventure! Yey!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment