Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 28 July 2012

More than just Olympics

It's again the time of the year where all of us will anticipate a lot of energy and determination coming out from every Olympian.  

As we speak, the Summer Olympic games is currently being held in London, Great Britain and I am pretty sure that all sports enthusiasts are very much excited to see how this year's Olympics will end versus the previous years' Olympic Games.

Just to provide a little bit of information about the Olympic Games; it is a major international event featuring summer and winter sports and thousands of athletes participate in a variety of competition.


However, I am not a sporty person, I do play some sports but I am not that passionate.  Now what can I benefit from the Olympic games?

From the thousands of Olympians that I have known and heard, there were a couple whom I find interesting, not because they are famous but because of the things that they possess that made them successful in what they do.


Photo from http://au.askmen.com/celebs/men/sports

He once said "Dream as big as you can and anything is possible".

This is very true in everything that we do because all of our actions are driven from what we think about and what we believe in.  

Once the thought is built, a dream is looked forward to, then behavior and action will come next to the picture.  

There is no harm in dreaming big, as long as we take each moment one step at a time. I am pretty sure that soon enough we will be right where we want to be.






Photo from http://greenobles.com
Roger Federer

Who doesn't know him. Aside from being good looking, he inspired a lot of Tennis and non Tennis enthusiasts.  

He inspired me with what he said in one of his interviews ~ "I learned to be even more patient".

If we dream big, it doesn't mean that we will get everything we want at one shot.  It will take time, and taking time entails a lot of patience. 

  

Usain Bolt

Like Michael Phelps, Usain holds a world record for his field.  He once mentioned that 
"I can't, I won't compare myself with Michael Phelps, I'm on track; he's in the water.  We can't compare too much. He's the best in what he do".

This proves to say that we can all be good in what we do, we just need to find out which field we want to excel.  


When I read Usain's biography, I saw that before the triumph, there were trials and tribulations.  However, despite of all of that he continued to strive and to be successful in what he do.


For the guys, definitely you know who Maria Sharapova is.  Not only about her ability to play tennis but also because of her beautiful and sexy body. 
She has defeated a number of opponents already but has also lost in some of her games.  From these situations, this is what she has to say ~ "I think I learn a lot from losses and they make me a lot tougher".

This is what I always put into mind every time challenging times are coming my way.  I hope that we can all have the same mindset because whether it is a game that we need to play or simply the game of our lives, every defeat will give us the chance to learn from our mistakes.



One of the best known gymnast in the world and is also good in what she does. Nadia together with other athletes shares the same passion, discipline and self belief.  
Believing in oneself is the start of all greatness and this is similar to each and every one of us.  We all have to believe in ourselves if not who else will, right?
She once said ~ "You should also appreciate the goodness around you, and surround yourself with positive people", and I very much agree with her.

Having the talent is one thing and enhancing it with the support of the people who believed in us is another thing.  Positive people carries positive energy, they will give joy and laughter that will make us even more successful.





Of all the athletes that I have known and read, one of her statement struck me.

"Family's first, and that's what matters most".


No matter how successful we are, no matter how busy we are, we should never forget the people who helped us achieve everything that we have right now.  They are non other than our family, our loved ones.


When everyone will turn their backs at us, our family will always be there to support us all the way.  It is just right to return the favor!


What does these people have in common?  They know what they want and they know how to get there!  We can all do that, we just have to learn to have self belief, determination and a lot of positivity.

For me Olympics is more than just sports, it is LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment