Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 23 January 2015

Pope Francis Thank you sa Malasakit


We were all very blessed because Pope Francis visited the Philippines.  In that 5 day journey everyone waited patiently to have a glimpse of the Holy Father.  We all attended mass and listened attentively in his homily.  We were all fixed in our TV sets feeling the holiness of Pope Francis.

After that visit, what's next for all of us?

I didn't have the chance to see Pope Francis personally but I patiently waited and watched TV and listened to the radio to know the latest update about Pope Francis.  Even if I know he can't see me, I waved my hand when he arrived and went out of his plane, I waved when he was in his pope mobile, I prayed in his mass and clapped with joy with his homily -- again -- after that what's next?

In the 5 day visit of Pope Francis, I learned a lot! But let me share with you the top learnings that I got!

1. Family is our foundation - no matter what we do, family will always play a big part in our growth as a person and as Christians.

2. Simplicity - we don't need to be glamorous and seek attention from other people.  We have to stray away from material things that eventually eats our personality.  We have to be simple.

3. Ask for help - when Pope Francis said that we need to learn how to beg, the first thing that came to my mind was that we need to learn to ask for help.  We are not perfect and we cannot do everything on our own and thus asking for help is the way to go.   This might be easy to say but it is very difficult to do simply because many of us thinks that we can do everything on our own.  Remember: asking for help is not a weakness but a realization that we are not perfect.  Even Pope asked all of us that we continue to pray for him, he knows that asking is a form of strength!

4. Share your blessings - If we have extra money then giving something to our brothers and sisters is a good thing, but we don't need to be rich to be able to share.  We can give our time by visiting the orphanage and making them feel that they are loved.  We can give our wisdom by patiently listening to our lolos and lolas at the home for the aged.  We can share our knowledge by teaching the out of school youth for free and helping them achieve their dreams. Most especially sharing ourselves without asking anything in return.

5. Feeling in Silence - when Pope Francis talked to the people who were stricken by typhoon Yolanda, who've lost their loved ones, source of living, houses and more, Pope Francis said that no words can make the situation any lighter because what's lost is lost.  What he did was to be silent and feel the same feeling as these people.  Sometimes, it's more appreciated if all feel in silence.

I will never forget this visit! Not because I saw Pope Francis in person but because of the learnings that was given to me.  The inspiration to be the greatest person that I can be.  The challenge to share the love of God to everyone!

I hope that this visit will last forever, not in physical appearance but in our lives!

Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment