Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 9 January 2015

Happy Friday: Kasusuweldo palang Ubos na!

Most of the time (or every time), one way or the other, we say this statement.  I am also guilty about this one and I am confident that this year will be different.




I am not a financial advisor, I don't read much of those financial books but I know how to save.  The problem is just execution! I know that you will all agree! 

This is the first book ever that I read about planning my finances -- although I have read a lot online -- this book still gave me some fun facts and tips on how to save money!  

Let me share with you some simple tips that I have learned with all of my readings and experience! 

1. Do not spend more than what you earn - meaning
 "kung sweldo mo ay enough lang para bumili ng Nokia myPhone Reo (5k din yun ha -- at meron Si Louise non), wag ipilit bumili ng iPhone".
 " Kung ang sweldo mo ay enough lang para bumili ng Secosana, wag ng bumili ng Louise Vuitton" -- don't get me wrong, I have 2-3 Secosana bags of my own and I love them!

2. Learn to use alternatives - don't always go for the brand! Everyday, I drink coffee but I don't choose to drink Starbucks everyday and so Nescafe 3-1 solve na Ako!  If 168 clothes can give the same glamour and comfortability compared with branded clothes then go for it.  There are a lot of alternatives and the only question is if we are willing to take them.

3. Know how to prioritize - like in studying, we know which subject is more difficult for us and thus we a lot more time in it. Same as with spending our money -- if we know that paying the utilities on time is important then we will a lot our money to that first before buying luxary items like new clothes or bag.  

4. Make savings on top of mind -- most of the time (or almost all of the time) savings comes up last to our priorities.  Some books says that "we should at least save 20% from our salaries" -- I say that this is the ideal! If we cannot afford the 20% then reduce the percentage.  Ang mahalaga meron paring savings!! 

5. Reward yourself - sabi nila sobrang tipid ko!! Even my Malaysian friends would agree but I know how to reward myself.  If I want to congratulate my self and Sweets, I would tell him "Starbucks Tayo!".  I would give myself a great pair of glasses kase alam ko ginagamit ko siya everyday (Thanks Kay Sweets sa pag share sa expense na yan!).  See -- savings does not mean that we should deprive ourselves to the things that we are capable of buying -- its just a matter of spending our money wisely.

The list can go on and on and on but I'd rather skip the itsy bitsy ways of saving and focus on the realistic ones!! How about you? What are your tips???

I challenge you all -- starting this month let's all make sure that we will not say " Kakasweldo palang ubos na!"

Xoxo!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment