Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Sunday 4 November 2018

Dessert Buffet for Joseph Austine!




One of the things that I love is preparing Dessert Buffets! I seldom do it because it really takes time to prepare and set up but when I do I put all my heart to it. Especially if the Dessert Buffet is for the people that I love.

I was asked by our best friend Tin to create a Dessert Buffet for the first birthday of his second son.  I can't say "NO" because I haven't seen this baby since he was born a year ago. Tin also told me that Ochen already agreed to help me out. This was our Birthday gift so Tin won't get stressed and remove the Dessert Buffet from her worries.


Of course I can't do it on my own and I am so blessed to have my best friend helping me out on this.. she actually designed how it should look like.  I took care of blowing the balloons (haha).


This is actually my 3rd Dessert Buffet and it was by far the best.  The caterer were glad we didn't have any Choco Fountain because it may look so nice (for photo) but it's such a mess! Haha! Good thing I didn't bring my choco fountain (actually I don't know where it is now).

For this Dessert Buffet, all I needed to do was:
1. Look for themes online (what's the easiest thing to do)
2. Buy candies and cookies (a lot but not too many)
3. Buy some colored theme balloons - in this case it's blue and yellow to match the Minions Theme
4. Buy some banner and crepe paper and cartolina for more designs
5. Make sure that there are enough jars, plates and cupcake holder to hold the goodies.  We needed to improvise actually and the caterer were kind enough to lend us some plates and glasses.





After preparing all of these - let your imagination bring you to your design!
Here it is!


I loved how it turned out. For me, whatever it will look like for as long as it was made out of love, its beauty will shine!

Ps: Told Ochen to wear something Blue or Yellow, wala daw siya, ayan out of theme siya! Haha

Thanks Chen for this!!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment