Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Learning experience from Arianna Huffington



Some two weeks ago, another Learning opportunity was given to us by Accenture.  I was given the opportunity to attend the six - week course of Arianna Huffington in collaboration with Oprah Winfrey Network. 

Accenture not only is concerned about our career development; they are also heavily involved in investing for our personal development and thus I felt blessed to be part of the group who can benefit in this six - week course.

With the very hectic schedule that I have right now, it takes dedication to proceed with this course and I am determined to finish it together with the other Accenture employees participating in this course as well as my colleagues and leads.

It started with a reading assignment and I would like to echo what I have learned so far and what I plan to do moving forward.

1. Success is not only measured with Money and Power.  While we are busy achieving success, we also have to take care of ourselves.  Simply put: health is wealth!

2. Technology is a good tool to have but is equally dangerous if we do not know how to use them.  In this day in age that we are all communicating majority via email, it is us who needs to be the boss of our emails and not the other way around.  

3. Personal interaction is the ultimate tool to strengthen relationship.  It gives health benefits that money can't buy.

4. Give back - whether this is money, time, skill or even attention.  Giving something to someone increases our happy hormones and helps promote a healthy life! 

I know my next steps, how about you?

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment