Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 20 November 2014

Interesting finds in Boracay

There are many summer destinations here in the Philippines and one of the top ones would be in Boracay. With all those buzz going around Boracay, sometimes I feel that this place is overrated.  That a lot of people are always there that it became overcrowded.


When I was there -- all of those judgements vanished.  It was really a great place to relax -- "great" is not even the right word to describe the place (for me) because staying there for four days really energized me! 

Though the crowd did not help with the "relaxing" part because its just noisy... Well if you stay inside your hotel then it will definitely be quiet (but that defeats your purpose in going to Boracay.. He he)

There are different reasons why you will go to Boracay: 

1. It's summer and you want to wear your bikini
2. You are broken hearted and you want to mend it
3. You are a travel junkie who loves the beach and its activities
4. You don't know where you want to spend your money
5. Your family or friends wanted company and you are available!

And a lot more...

But when we went there we only had one purpose.. 
To really just enjoy the beach and relax (and do a lot of eating).

I feel accomplished because we did just that it was like so refreshing! Ang sarap pala talaga ng walang ginagawa!! 

I will definitely go back and here are my three reasons! 

1. I love eating - buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner all over the place!
2. I love nature - it gives me peace and it makes me realize more how powerful He is!
3. The people!! I met a lot of people and they are:

   - Honest

           KL: Ate may CR po ba?
           Ate: Meron po, pero may bayad.
                      ~ at least na manage ang expectations ko

           KL: Kuya what time kami balik for Sailing Boat
           Kuya: Mga 5pm.. Kase 5:20pm ang sunset 
                      ~ it was one of the best sunset watching while at the sail boat because we never missed the sunset!

            Bata: Kuya bigay mo na yung bayad mo pls
            Noel: bakit ba nagmamadali ka?
            Bata: anjan na kase ung nag sisira ng sand eh
                      ~ wala ng paligoy ligoy pa!


    - Sincere 

            Every time they do things for their visitors, you can always feel their heartfelt welcome and love!  Simply because they value their visitors and for me it gives the warmth needed for a well deserved vacation.

    - Don't Care (in a good way) 

           ~ People can do what they wanna do and wear what they wanna wear without the fear of being judged.  That was definitely the thing there which made me happy!  No, I did not wear a two piece nor I walked wearing just my swimsuit but people did and nobody cared!  Just do your thing (of course without compromising anyone) and no one will point fingers at you!  It was an absolute freedom!

     - Inspiring

             ~ I was watching this person while he was sweeping the wet floor by the pool and I suddenly cried.  It was really tears of joy because he looked like he was enjoying what he was doing.

            KL: Naiiyak Ako..
            Noel: Bakit?
            KL: nakita mo ung nag ma-map?
            Noel:Uu
            KL: Parang gustong gusto niya ginagawa nya! 
            Noel: Uu! Kumakanta pa siya ng "Raining Rain is falling down, falling down"...

            ~ It's their work (I know) but seeing someone sincerely doing his/her job and still has the energy to say "Good Morning" is an energy that you just want to spread!  It was inspiring!   I feel guilty because sometimes I complain about little things that I can control, I feel tired every time I go to work and sometime hate just what I am doing (I am not referring to my work right now).  Then here I am seeing this very engaged fellow and I felt stupid about myself!  Life is so good to be cranky -- we have to enjoy it and be happy!

There you go.. 
Overall our stay there was worth it -- if there were less people then I would have appreciated the beach and the sand even more!  Nevertheless, it was really a place that we shouldn't all miss!! 

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment