Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 28 November 2014

Happy Friday: I am Beautiful no matter what they say!



"Maganda daw Ako, yan ang sabi ng nanay ko!"

Everyone used this line one way or another in their lifetime and I'm one of them!  Do we really believe in that? Or do we just force ourselves in believing that statement because nobody ever told us we are beautiful? 

I was looking outside the train window and saw some students busily combing and dong their make up -- then I asked myself "do they really need to do that?".

I was an HR Representative for five years and I have to look presentable (or should I say "I have to look beautiful")  -- thus I put a bit of blush on, lipstick and eye shadow.. I am always on high heels, dress and I had nice hair. But when i moved to HR Service desk, where I don't do "client facing" anymore, it all changed.  Makeup was not part of my purse anymore, my high heels went into a sabattical leave and my skirts unworn.  Was I still beautiful? I'd say yes!! 

My point: even if we wore the nicest clothes or just an ordinary top and pair of pants -- beauty is beauty! 

Beauty is (yes!) In the eyes of the beholder and beauty without character is nothing! 

You can wear an expensive dress, use a signature bag and spray on a nice expensive perfume but if your character is not beautiful then everything is just crap!

Beauty for me is: 

1. Having a sincere personality - someone who can say good things about people / friends even when their friends are not looking. In short - not backstabbers.

2. Having a good set of friends - meaning someone can validate your character and personality.  You are a good person to be with and people would love to join your company.

3. Having a healthy relationship - not only with friends (stated in #2) but also having a healthy relationship with your colleagues / neighbors / org mates / school mates. Someone who plays fair in the playing field, someone who knows how to admit mistakes and correct them, someone who you can reach out to in times of doubt.

4. Having the best support system, Family - beauty is reflected on how you treat your family.  Thus if you treat them with a lot of care and love then that's beauty in its finest!  

5. Love for oneself - beauty is nothing if you don't believe in it.  People said I am beautiful because I said so and so should you!  

People will choose to believe what they want to believe..
People will choose to see what they want to see..

At the end of the day it is "US" who determines it! 
Not them.. And so if we believe in our heart of hearts that we are beautiful then that's true -- it is especially most uplifting if you have your friends and family who can validate that fact!

Are you?

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment