Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 10 October 2014

Happy Friday: How do you measure Happiness?

How do you measure your happiness?

Different people knows how to measure happiness differently and more often than not it all boils down on how they grew up.



I was a simple girl back then (well up to now naman!) and the only thing I care about was if I have my luto lutuan to play with and my things for schooling. 

I was very pleased when Mama would buy me a new set of Crayola or when Papa would bring pasalubong from work.  

I was excited for weekends because that was our "bukid time" where all Hernandez Family meet up at our grandparent's house and play bingo.   

I feel accomplished every time Mama would teach me for "Timpalak Bigkasan" or Vocal Solo even though I don't win.  

I was excited every time I don't have class because Papa would bring us to his office and we can play with his computer and calculator. 

I loved playing with the elephants, dancing in the rain and eating Ovaltine + Nido + Sugar (yes all dried and mixed up together). 

Those were the times where my happiness were very simple.  They were very defined and it kept me going on for hours and hours.

Years passed by (yes so quickly) and it seemed like everything changed.  I have different priorities now and I no longer think about myself to be happy, like getting material things.  I look at the people around me and that's where I get my true happiness! 

1.  When my family would (whether they like it or not) listen to my rendition of "The Climb" and cheer their lungs out for me.

2.  When Louise starts to say "Ate, knock knock"

3. When Mika would wait and pick me up sa kanto ng UCPB every time I go home in San Pablo.

4. When GbOy buy things for Mama, Louise, Mika and Papa -- Hindi kase siya kuripot. :p

5. Every time when Mama would prepare our breakfast at 6am but people start waking up at 10am

6. Every time Papa would prefer to go home instead of staying in his office dorm (which is 4 hours away from San Pablo)

7. Every time when Mama Lena would fix our bed and take care of us when we are sick.

8. Every time when Papa Nestor would wash our clothes and press them then bring to our room

9. Every time my best friends would laugh at my super corny jokes

10.  Every time Sweets would make me feel super beautiful and special -- too many to mention!

These are my simple joys and happiness and I don't know if there was ever a machine or calculator invented to measure the happiness that my Family and Best Friends bring.  In my heart, I measure them all as Blessings from HIM!

How about you? How do you measure your happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment