Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Wednesday 22 October 2014

DIY for Christmas: Simple Purse

I have been talking about Christmas because I am just so excited about the season!  One of the things that I love about Christmas is how people are so excited to give out gifts.  Christmas has always been the season of giving! 

Speaking of gifts -- for me the best gift that you can give is something that you created on your own.  If it's personalized, the sincerity of gift giving is nothing compared against buying from the stalls.

You know how I am very fond of DIY and during Christmas season I can think of a lot.  Let me start with my love for sewing. 

Last year, Sweets' Christmas gift to me was a mini sewing machine. 
I used it I think twice and then after that it stayed in the shelves.  I got busy :(



But now IM NO LONGER BUSY!!!! 
Because it's Christmas I have my reason to be reunited with my sewing machine and my first project is this!!!

Let me start with my trusty mini sewing machine! 



















Now on to my materials: 

1. 2 pcs Exterior cloth, 10cm x 15cm - zebra print
2. 2 pcs Interior cloth, 10cm x 15cm - canvass
3. Foam same size with your cloth
4. Colored zipper same size with cloth
5. Scissors
6. Push pins
7. Thread - color depends on you 





I was guided by this video! 
Very awesome tutorial for a dummy sewer like me! :D




And of course I just followed everything that was mentioned in the tutorial 
(Ako na masunurin!)  Here is what happened next: 




Then the finish product is... Tadah!!! 




It's not perfect but in practice I can make it near perfect!




I asked Sweets to use this pouch because it matched his phone -- tumingin lang siya sa akin ng "tiger look"



Til my next DIY! 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment