Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Wednesday 12 December 2012

My Disneyland Dream



As early as 7 years old, I had this dream that I want to come and play at Disneyland.  During that time, it was just in the USA and going there was pretty impossible.  Thus I just enjoyed looking at them on TV.

When Disneyland was launched in Hongkong last 2005, I thought that it would be more realistic. However, I am not a kid anymore, I will not enjoy it in as much as in my dreams in the past, so not sure if I still want to come.

 




When the opportunity came here in MY, it gave me and my husband more chances to visit other nearby countries and then we both thought that Hongkong would be a good place to visit.  Why Hongkong? read here!

We purchased our HK Disneyland tickets way earlier than our planned trip, to save us the hassle of queuing.

Anyhow, now, on with the journey.  Actually HK Disneyland is very accessible by train.  From our place (Tsim Sha Tui) it was just a 30 minute travel to Disneyland.



When we were at the connecting stations, my husband noticed one familiar face.  

It was our dear friend, Jed with his girlfriend and friend.  It was very seldom that we meet in the Philippines, then after we settled here in MY, of all places, we saw him in HK.  

A very nice coincidence! <8>

During our trip to HK, my husband told me that I am lucky because I will have good shots.  Yes, I admit that I am not as talented photographer as my husband.  We were also worried that we will not have a good shot together.

 

When we saw Jed, I immediately told him

"Jed, hulog ka ng langit, may magpipicture na sa amin!!!"
 "Jed you are heaven sent, finally you can take our picture"

If you are not aware, Jed is a Senior Photographer from Imagine Nation.

See his portfolio here --> Jed Calara


Lucky us right!  You can take a look at his picture here --> "Hello Disney!"


On with Disney.. Before you finally enter the park, you will see this Mickey Mouse Fountain! Where it's like Mickey is surfing!



When we entered the park, I think we spent at least 30 minutes taking pictures in front of the garden and the train!

It was like, once in a lifetime experience that all we wanted to do was to keep the memory by taking a lot of shots.

Of course a lot of kids were there and you can even see some little girls wearing Disney Princess costumes.  Visit My Little Princess for more information.

But I told Sweets, if ever we are going back together with our daughter, I will buy her own "Snow White" gown from SM and will give her nail polish right there in Disney and will also buy a fancy crown! :D  It will have the same effect, the feeling of a princess but with a lesser cost.

The first thing that we did in Disneyland was to look for Mickey and Minnie to be able to strike a pose with them.  Since Disneyland was on their Christmas Theme this time of the year, Mickey and Minnie were wearing their Christmas dresses! Awesomeness!! ^_^


If you ask me, Disneyland is really for kids, with all of the mascots and rides. But for me, being a kid is something that is not seen from the outside but is felt from the inside.  I may look old (well way older than the kids there) but I enjoy kid's stuff and therefore I enjoyed Disneyland a lot!

To feel it's magic, visit the their Park Map and explore as early as now!
When I learned that we will go to Disneyland on Nov17th, I got excited when I found out that it marked the start of their "Christmas Theme" and therefore, the park was totally Christmassy and I LOOOOVE everything about it.





These musicians were all Filipino folks! We are very proud of you!!
Full video --> Here

Once you are in HK Disneyland, make sure not to miss their Parades and Shows.

This is how we did it:

1. Festival of the Lion King 
2. The Golden Mickeys
3. Flights and Fantasy Parade



4. Santa Mickey's Toy-Riffic Street Party



5. Christmas Illumination
6. "Disney in the Stars" Fireworks










I so love Christmas and I am very glad to experience this one with Sweets!

Are we coming back here? Most probably yes! In the most 
wondrous moment of our lives!

Yay!



























Xoxo

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. hi kl!I am now following you :)

    disneyland is indeed not only for the young ones but also for the young at hearts.. the last time i went to disney was in 2009, kaya lang i did'nt get to enjoy the rides kasi i was pregnant with rabi.. well, may next time pa naman and will make sure wehn that day comes kasama ko na si boggs and 2 kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pij!! Thank you for reading my memories :)
      Tagal na natin hindi nagkikita buti nalang may FB! See you soon and take care!!! Muah!

      Delete