Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 19 August 2016

Happy Friday: Who is locked with Who?



When do you say you are locked with someone? something?
Was it when you got hooked? got married? got hooked with work? Got a bestfriend?

I say "When you decided to!"

I have been married for 6 years and sometimes people ask me if we ever get into a fight.  Like an intense fight.  I would say "YES" -- BUT -- I am happy to have that with Sweets!

When you say "I am locked with Sweets" - people might initially interpret it as losing my freedom to do anything that I want and vice versa!  

This SHOULD NOT be the case when you say you are locked with someone.

I am locked with Sweets for the following reasons: 

1. We share the same values - we know what we know is right and we fight for it.  Like family comes first and everything else follows.

2. We talk about our differences and how we hate it about each other - being locked up with someone means accepting the imperfections and loving them despite of.  But not letting the day pass by without telling the other person why you got frustrated or angry.

3. We communicate - zero communication is the worst thing to happen in a relationship.  Slowly losing the importance of this C word means slowly detaching from the relationship.

4. We have concensus - being locked up with another person doesn't mean that you have to agree to every word that they say. It means stating your ground, listening to their side and deciding and agreeing as a matured couple on what works best for both of you.

5. We recognize our self worth - means to say that we take care of ourselves and we know our importance as an individual.  We take time to think alone, we take care of our own families,  we meet up with our friends and we take care of our career. Truly being capable of loving oneself means being able to give love and understanding in return.

So, have you figured out if you are indeed locked up with someone? 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment