Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Sunday 1 May 2016

Ciolo - Signing Off

I am not saying that I am famous and that people wait for my blog every so often. This is for my self fulfillment and to say to myself that --

"Yes, I can maintain my own blog site!"


I was out for almost three months -- simply because I got lazy to write -- yes I got lazy because a life changing event happened last February 22, 2016.


Our family were grateful to all of you who expressed your love and sincere condolences when Ciolo joined our Creator.  It was February 22, 2016 (Monday) at around 4:40pm when Ciolo slowly lost his breath.
Sunday night, Ciolo was in our room (where he really sleeps) and Noel was wiping his nose because we thought that his shortness of breath was brought about by his colds. We can clearly hear how he breaths and we felt like he was having asthma. We thought that maybe he was cold and thus we placed a blanket around him, thinking that the air-conditioned room might be too cold for him.
Monday morning, we asked Mama Lena to bring Ciolo to our trusted vet because we want to know if he was sick or if he has colds. So that medications can be given and Ciolo would feel much better.
While we (Noel and I) were driving for work, we were talking: 
KL: mamayang gabi, sa sala na tayo matulog para wala ng aircon si Ciolo Noel: Okay

We'd rather sleep outside our room, rather than Ciolo be outside alone (to avoid the cold room).
Monday 8am, I was asked by Mama Lena to call her. They were already at the vet clinic..
Mama: Andito na kami Kay Gabieta KL: Ano daw sakit ni Ciolo? Mama: Wala daw sakit, matanda nalang talaga si Ciolo KL: Oh eh bakit may sipon? Mama: Mahina na si Ciolo, kung gusto daw natin bigyan ng pain reliever at i-observe or patulugin na si Ciolo para wala ng pain KL: Teka hindi pede patulugin, teka tatawagan ko si Sweets -------
Connected the call to Noel
Mama: Noel, bibigyan ng pain reliever every day or patulugin na Noel: hindi pede mawala si Ciolo ng wala Ako sa bahay, paki bigyan ng pain reliever at observe Noel: malakas si Ciolo, naglakad pa kami last week niyan, malakas si Ciolo, kelangan lang ng gamot
--------
I was not sure what to think about. Every time Noel tells me that Ciolo is strong I believe him because he knows Ciolo more than anyone from us. I know Ciolo is strong and I know he wants to be strong for all of us.
Monday 3pm, Mama texted and mentioned that ciolo is having deep breaths. I don't know what to think but my initial response was "Uuwi po Ako agad!"
I told my lead:
KL: Liz, pwede ba Akong umuwi ng mga 3:45, meron lang problema Kay Ciolo. Liz: Okies Sige
Immediately after that I packed my bags and went down, Noel was already waiting for me downstairs.
While on our way home, Noel and I was discussing and we were convincing ouselves that Ciolo is strong and he will be strong for us. He will wait for us until we get home.
Monday 4:50pm, Mama sent a text message asking where we were? If we are already near? I replied "SM Angono na". That is 5 minutes away from our house.
Monday 4:55pm, before reaching our gate, Mama was already waiting outside. I alighted and helped with the gate. While Noel was maneuvering his car, I glanced into Mama and she was already crying
KL: bakit (with a surprised look) Mama: wala na si Ciolo, di na kayo naintay (crying). Making sure that Noel doesn't see her cry KL: hindi pwede

After parking, Noel went inside and immediately called Ciolo Noel: Ciolo.. Ciolo.. He does this everyday and that day was not any different
Then he was told about Ciolo. Ciolo was there near the kitchen sink lying. Noel immediately went there and started to talk to Ciolo and whisper some things. I didn't even went near them (Ciolo and Sweets) because I can't afford to see both of them. Ciolo lying there lifeless but soft and Noel simply staring at him and not saying anything. To me it was extreme sadness.
I was staring blankly onto the computer and just waiting for instructions. I don't know what to say, I saw Sweets carried ciolo to our room, lied down the floor with ciolo in his chest, I immediately went out of the room as I cannot afford to see them in that position. I went back to stared blankly at on to the computer.
Papa already dug a place at our backyard for Ciolo. Mama was already talking to some people if we can bring Ciolo to our public cemetery. Noel said no, that should not be the final resting place for Ciolo, he should be cremated.
While I was staring blankly on to the computer, I started to look for Pet Crematory. Never have I thought of researching on this matter and I still want believe that Ciolo was gone. I called some numbers but to no avail, I continued searching.
Initially I called Pet Valley in Cavite but no answer. I called another place in Quezon City but the number was unreachable. I tried to call Pet Valley once more and finally someone answered. It was Doc Manny and I while talking go him I know my voice was unclear, I can't speak straight and I still can't believe that I am talking about Ciolo.
We were given options.
Either we send Ciolo via our vet but it will take seven days to get Ciolo back.. I said "we cannot wait that long". Or we can bring Ciolo the following day so that there will be some ceremony and prayers. Our decision was to put Ciolo in his final resting place that night. Dr. Manny mentioned "Whatever the family wants".

It was 6pm and we drove all the way from Angono Rizal to Silang Cavite. We arrived at 8:30pm (I didn't imagine we can take that ride in such a short period of time -- traffic cooperated with us). When we arrived, someone is already waiting for us, stood near the car and waited for us to alight.

He asked "Nasan po ang aso?" and then we gave Ciolo to him, then i said "Ano po ang gagawin nyo sa kanya?" "Aayusan lang po." he replied.

We waited at the reception and then we were told that Ciolo is ready.


It's as if Ciolo was just sleeping -- has was like in a mini bath tub surrounded by bougainvillea and white towel. He was still soft (as if sleeping).

We were told that we can view Ciolo as long as we want, once we are ready then we can ring the bell for the next steps.
We looked at him, offered a prayer and let him go.


Then when you ready to let him go, he will slowly be taken up to the creamatory. What made it even more dramatic was the sound effects and the dim lights. Yes, up to that last minute I was crying to say goodbye to a very special family member, Ciolo.


After more or less an hour of waiting...


Ciolo in his Urn, his paw print and some hair.
Deep breaths for me -- there is Ciolo.. no more barking, no more cuddling, no more kissing and hugging.. they are all just memories now!

Ciolo was the first pet I have ever met and I am thankful that he gave me the opportunity to love animals and to believe that they are really man's best friend.

I will remember Ciolo as this bubbly young fella, who never failed to give us smiles and unconditional love!

We miss you baby but you are in heaven now where you feel no pain and you watch over us.


Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment