Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Patience is a Virtue: Especially with Mayon

Many people have been to Legazpi to see the  beauty of the famous Mayon Volcano.  It was my first time there (thank you to Sweets for allowing this to happen) and I am happy we went ahead on this trip.

While we were telling our stories and showing our pictures with Mayon, many have told me that we were lucky because we were able to see Mayon up to her tip.  They mentioned that Mayon rarely shows herself -- she was always surrounded by clouds.

Let me tell you that we were not lucky -- we were patient!
From our first day to our last day in Legazpi, this is what Mayon looked like -- she was covered with clouds and the clouds were so thick and it almost covered the entirety of Mayon (see picture below).

I was frustrated because it was our last day there and this is what was given to us.  I almost wanted to cry because I wanted to see this beauty but tried to calm myself because we knew that it rained so hard the previous night and thus these thick clouds.


Just by looking at it I felt hopeless.




This was as early as 5:30 in the morning and according to the person there -- he is not sure whether the clouds will go away because it rained so hard the previous night. 

We still waited there, I told Sweets that we will not leave until Mayon shows herself.  Instead of lingering on the feeling of sadness, I took some pictures of Mayon, the bell tower and the plants (yes the plants!).

A few more minutes and I know the clouds will go away!
This was at around 7am.













                                                                                                                                        
There was one moment where I sat at the rocks there just looking at Mayon and trying to blow the clouds away as if blowing a candle.  I never thought about the minutes that passed because I am so excited to see her.



After almost two hours of waiting, we were able to witness the beauty!


Most of the time being patient gives a lot of benefit -- waiting is a waste of time but if you are waiting for a beautiful moment that can become a great memory then it will all be worth it!




Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment