Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 5 February 2016

The Gown: Louise' 18th Birthday Celebration

You all know that I am coming back -- yes that is definitely correct.
This time, I would like to share how the wonderful gown of Louise came about.

Before I start, let me give you a glimpse of how the top looked like!



Let me share with you where it started...

First I was not thinking of a ball gown, instead I am only thinking of a tutu skirt because I am thinking that it would best fit the simple event that we would like to celebrate.  

Initially, I recommended this one:




And yes, I was so ready to order!   Another yes, that's how stingy I am!
Louise did not mention that she didn't liked it, she told me that she doesn't want sleeveless top (she sure knows which part of the body to emphasize!).

And so the search continues -- and I am still thinking of how to pull it off without spending too much.  Louise drew something and she specifically mentioned that she doesn't want sleeveless.. okie I get it!





Alright, so this is what Louise wanted and have imagined in her head (maybe several times) but I can't seem to figure out where are we going to find this kind of gown.  Definitely not in SM, not in any other malls, I am sure we need to get a couturier.

Still in search of the perfect gown to wear, one night, our Tita Baby visited us and we opened up about this debut and she recommended a gown where she found to be elegant and beautiful.

This one -- 



Okie, so a Rajo Laurel gown specially made for Alex Gonzaga when Tony and Paul was wed! Okie sa suggestion ha!

It was really good but I know how expensive it was so I was left with a blank space in my face!

What's next? Find a couturier -- someone who can deliver this design but not as expensive.. I was actually praying -- "Please Lord Guide me and bring me an angel who can pull this one off + with a cheap but elegant deal".

I started scouting (in San Pablo Laguna) and after several questions and stuff, I was able to find the perfect person to take on this gown, ate Maan Ortega!

Initially, Louise was thinking that the color of her gown would be orange, simply because that is her favorite color but when we consulted Kuya Alvin, he told us that it would be great to stick to this color palette and just tweak the design based on the body type of Louise.  

Aminin, hindi naman ganito ka sexy si Louise ---

After some months, we were off to the first and only fitting --



This was the raw gown -- still didn't have the bead and lace work on it.
Louise lose a bit of weight -- excited??

Then three days before the event, we got the final gown!




Words cannot describe how elegant it looked like -- 
I am very thankful that we listened to Kuya Alvin's recommendation and trusted the skills of Ate Maan that they can pull off this beautiful gown inspired by Alex' Gonzaga's gown (made by Rajo Laurel).

It looked perfect on Louise, she is the star of that night, the Princess!





Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment