Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 21 June 2013

Patience is a VIRTUE


I was doing my monthly (I hope) dose of biking around Sampaloc Lake with my sister and as was enjoying my stroll when I saw this man fishing.

From the name itself, Fishing is the act of catching fish and it is very clear that this man is using a fishing rod.

If you have experienced this activity then you should know for a fact that this activity requires a lot of patience.  It will take time to catch a fish because they have to take your bait first before you catch them. 

Then when you are expecting to catch a big fish, you will be upset to catch just a small fish (Similar to what happened to him).

My Point of View:

Our journey through this wonderful life is very much similar to Fishing.  It will take a lot of patience to get what we want and more often it will take the toll on us if we are not willing to wait.

Like Fishing we should learn the art of being creative and making the most of the time while we are waiting, we can:

1. Have a great bonding with our fishing buddy
2. Have an appreciation on how beautiful the lake / sea is
3. Have other activity while waiting; like reading a book, having a bbq (if you are near the shore), doing crochet (if you are into it), and other activities
4. Think of what we want to do with the fish that you will catch.

What we apply while Fishing, can also be applied to LIFE.

1. Take time to bond with our Family, friends and loved ones. Time is precious and let us not waste it just by waiting.
2. Appreciate the beauty of life, how great it is and how blessed we are that we are alive. Do not rant because there are people who have less while we have more.
3. Engage into an activity that we love to do - time flies if we love what you are doing.
4. Enjoy today but always plan for the future. 
5. Think back on the reasons that we want to live our life ~ for our FAMILY, SELF.

Just my thoughts!
Xoxo

Do not forget to Subscribe to hear more from me! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment