Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Monday 27 February 2012

Quick Sugar Fix!



The idea started when my office mate (Jessica) talked about having cheesecake in her new house.. Then she told me about her experience of making "Batik Cake".  It was like a ref cake / crema de fruta but made of chocolate.  There is no need to bake it and thus I got interested and researched about it.


There were several ways to cook Batik Cake but I chose two of my favorite blogs and combined it.

I needed the following:



200g Milo
4 pieces medium sized egg
Marie Buscuits
150g Butter
I can condensed milk (depends on how you want the cake sweet)
Unsalted Almonds


1. Beat the eggs and then pour in Milo, Mix until the Milo is all soaked in egg
2. Add the crashed Marie Biscuits (in my case, I just cut it into small pieces and not totally crashed it)
3. Add the condensed Milk

4. Mix until the texture is thick
5. Pour in the mixture in a low heat pan and mix well

6. Once heated, add the butter and mix continuously
7. When the texture thickens, remove from heat and pour to container


To add a twist, before pouring the entire cake mixture to the mold, I crushed some almonds in it to add a crunchy feel.  Once I poured the mixture, I put several Marie Biscuits on top and then pour the mixture again to create a layering effect.


Freeze for 2 hours or overnight can also be done.
Serve with coffee!!






I don't do recipes in this blog but I want to say how proud I am to be able to do this (even a 7 year old child can :P).

Critics says:

Just the right sweetness 
The moist effect of the cake was just nice to see and feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment