Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Our Malaysia Valentines Day!



Love is truly in the air for me and for my husband!


Just last week, I was teasing my husband that he should not bother to give me anything for Valentines because I don't like flowers and chocolates.



Therefore, I really did not expect anything from him.  Besides, it's enough for me to know that he is always there to guide me and be with me forever.


Yesterday night, he told me that he wants to have lunch with me.  He will go to my office for lunch but I told him that it would be great to have dinner instead so that we have more time to talk and to celebrate hearts day.


This morning, he said that he might need to go overtime and thus he cannot make it to dinner.  Then we went to the original plan for us to have lunch near my office.


At around 10:45am, I was busy looking at my laptop because of work. Then my office mate, came to me and gave me the flowers.


Eben: Hey Kristine, it's for you!
KL: What? it's for me?
Eben: Yeah, it got your name in it!
KL: Wow!
Eben: Also this Teddy
KL: You Sure??

Eben: Yes


When I touched the flowers and the teddy, tears just came out from my eyes. It was definitely tears of joy as I REALLY NEVER expected anything from my husband.  I am a mushy and cheesy person but I was very touched with this gesture.


It may be a normal thing for a guy (husband, bf, fiance) to give something to their partners on this very special occasion but I had a different perspective.


For me, even if you are already married or have been with someone for quite some time, the feeling of excitement and kilig once you receive something from your special someone is STILL priceless!


It is truly the THOUGHT THAT COUNTS.  It doesn't matter if it's as simple as a letter or as an extravagant dinner cruise, it's the intent to make someone happy, smile and remember the day for the rest of their lives that matters most.


That's why Sweets wants to have lunch it was because the teddy and the flowers should have been delivered to me before our meet up!

I am happy and I know that I will forever be!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog dear!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! mwaaahhhh

    ReplyDelete