Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Monday 13 February 2012

Mission Papansin: Dress Code


If you are interviewing a couple or a person truly in love with one another, one famous line that we ask is “When and where did you meet?.  In my case, I don’t remember the exact date but I know some more details about it.

I was an HR Representative at Accenture and I handled a lot of projects.  One of the project is where I met my husband.  I was doing my weekly “project visits” – we do this to make sure that we (HR Reps) are visible to our clients and that we have a personal image to them rather than just a name in another email. :)

Usually, when I do project visits, I just sit in any available cube and inform the project that I am in their area.  One normal project visit day, I sat in an available cube and announced via email that I was in their area.. people came to me to ask about HR stuff. One employee came to me, she was with another employee, it was Jacqui, and she asked me an HR Question.  While I was casually answering her question, I noticed her team mate, whom I don’t know who.

KL: Bakit ganyan ang suot mo?
Employee: Galing kase ako sa recruitment activity eh?
KL: Kahit na, Thursday ngayon eh pang Friday ang suot mo.
Employee: Eh pinayagan naman ako ng Manager ko.
KL: Kahit na, dapat nagbaon ka ng damit na pang Thursday.

After that quick conversation with the employee, I turned my attention to Jacqui and continued to answer her other questions.

A week after, I had my weekly project visit again in that same project area.  Similar to before, I announced via email that I was in the area so people can ask HR questions to me. A man approached me, he was wearing a white polo barong with eyeglasses.

Employee: Hi, im Noel Fernando
KL: Ok
Employee: Ako ung napagalitan mo sa Dress Code last week
KL: Okie, buti naman okie na ung suot mo.

That quick chat started everything and up to this moment I can still clearly recall when, where and how I met my husband.

It was one Thursday of August 2007, at 32F UBP Bldg. Ortigas.

No comments:

Post a Comment