Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Monday 11 September 2017

Listen to your Spouse!

By now you should know that my husband and I got married 7 years ago, but its only three months ago when we moved into our own place..


Feeling like newly weds is another story all together but this time i would like to share something about Listening and Trusting!


I know these are two "Big Words" and they are very easy to utter but equally hard to do. Why? Let's face it girls -- we just don't listen eh??!!


When we moved in, of course we have to do everything on our own.. Chores and stuff that lazy people (sometimes this is me) doesn't want to do. Like cleaning windows!


All my life -- i didn't clean any window because our windows ain't glass but now we are faced with a window glass and I know sooner rather than later I have to face this!


I have an intention in mind! I will clean the windows and I was so excited to do it. 


My first step was to go to Pinterest and search how to clean glass windows. I was delighted to see how easy it was..  I just need some soap, vinegar, alcohol, chamois and water! I was browsing and browsing and i didn't notice I was browsing for two weeks now and still haven't started to clean the windows!


Sweets said "clean the windows"
my response was "alright, I know how to clean it, i just need blah blah blah".


Another weekend passed:
 
Sweets:  clean the windows 
KL:         need to mix blah blah blah
Sweets:  Gamitin mo yang Sabong panlaba, gamitin mo ang sponge, then tuyuin mo ng dyaryo"
KL"         oh okay, kaso ung particles ng dyaryo dumidikit sa window
Sweets:   It means basa na ung dyaryo, need mo na siya palitan
KL:          Oh okie


Truth: i did everything sweets mentioned and this happened!
This was the glass window -- see how clear it was --
Btw, that's our small garden down there :)














As simple as this scenario I can say that I had to listen to Sweets and trust that what he is saying is true! It was indeed the easiest thing to do rather than procrastinate because what I saw in Pinterest was way too complicated than what i did!


My lesson is that: I may know things that will work but there are far more things less complicated that may work as well! The results are the same but the effort is less! Not only sometimes, most of the time, we have to listen to our spouse because we can definitely learn a lot from them!


Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment