Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 31 May 2014

Value Education



This afternoon while we were waiting for Ciolo (he was being groomed) we were able to watch Eat Bulaga. 

Personally, I am not a fan of Eat Bulaga (yes, ka Pamilya ako) but I was specifically touched with the segment that we watched.  EBest - They were Eat Bulaga's Scholars.

These scholars were closely screened by Eat Bulaga from all over the country and they chose the best from the best and those that really deserved the scholarship.  There were 30 of them and when one of the scholars gave his message to Eat Bulaga and his parents, I got teary eyed!

I felt his eagerness to finish his studies and since his parents really cannot afford his University - he was managed at the onset that he can only finish High School.  He saw the vast opportunities if he can finish his studies so he really studied very hard and earned his way up to this scholarship!  It was really a dream come true for him and his family! 

I had my same old realization again: that there are many students wishing to finish their studies but are just unfortunate to do so mainly because of monetary concerns but there are a lot of students who are able to study but just took it for granted (by failing school).  They have their own reasons for not doing well at school but for me the reason is simple -- they just don't value education that much!

My appeal to students: please value what your parents are giving you! The quote of our parents "Edukasyon lang ang maipapamana ko sayo" is really true!  If you are educated you will definitely go places and can give back to your parents, to your family and to yourself!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment