Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 9 May 2013

Thailand: Hat Yai (Second Half)

Here comes our second day in Hat Yai.  Basically we have exhausted our itinerary on our first day and thus the only two things remaining in this journey was the authentic "Thai Massage" and the "Shopping".

Since we were all tired from the previous day's activity, we took our time to take a lot of snooze before we leave for shopping and massage.

At 8am, my husband and I decided to take a walk to the nearest hawkers where we can have breakfast, we were also looking around for more tourist spot to visit.  We stopped over at one hawkers just at the corner of the street and took our breakfast there.  

Unfortunately I was not able to take a snap of our breakfast because I did not bring my phone / camera with me. I really liked their ko-pi, this one was different from the coffee that they were selling.

After the morning walk, my husband together with my sister and friends (Rod and Beth) prepared to leave.  Our first stop was at the Lee Gardens Plaza.

Nothing much just a normal mall and then we just roamed around and looked for things to buy.  




After that we went to the clock tower where there were other stalls for shopping.  We did not immediately shopped, we did canvassing first and then decided which one to buy.

   
After deciding which to buy, my husband grabbed a quick snack which he regretted eating only a few.  The "Mango Sticky Rice".

 

Mango Sticky Rice is one of the famous dessert in Thailand.  It is basically glutinous rice cooked with coconut milk plus the famous Thai Mango.  

It was so tasty and num num that you can feel its rich taste in every chew.  I have found a recipe for this wonderful dessert and maybe one of these days I will cook it. :D Mango Sticky Rice.

I think we have the same concept in the Philippines, which is "suman at mangga".


 




Then while I was roaming around, I saw these babies!  Wowowowow!

They say that one of the best things about Thailand is their food and it was very much true!  They were all authentic and tasteful.  

When we were in the Floating Market - I can't help but drool with all the food that were within my reach but luckily I was still able to control my cravings and tasted bit by bit of what they had there.  Go back to our Floating Market Experience.





I saw a clip from youtube about night life in Hat Yai and I would like to share it to you all.  Basically these were the things that we also saw there! 


 
Before we go back to our hotel, I was told about this Thai Foot Massage very near the Lee Gardens Plaza.


There were a lot of Thai Foot Massage in this area and I was specifically directed by my colleague, Goerge, about this one.  Let me also direct you using this map.



Our masseurs! I know, I know, looks can be really deceiving!
Hands up because they were all good! All trained to do the authentic Thai Massage!

It says in their sign that it's is a "Foot Massage" but it was not.
Find out for yourself!  
One thing I know is that this massage was so "Worth it".


Wow! I am not sure if I am going back to Hat Yai but I definitely enjoyed my stay here!! Glad to have experienced these things with my sistah!

Hat Yai is just one part of Thailand to explore but there are other places to go and you will definitely enjoy them!

Now as for the budgeting - my safest allocation would be Php15,000 per person.  However you might want to add more if you have high air ticket or wanted to do a lot of shopping!

You can use this Hat Yai Map as your reference.


Do not forget to Subscribe to hear more from me! :)

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment