Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 19 April 2012

How can you make one thing beautiful?

Can you imagine that behind that smile is a Trash Can?  This is from one of the hotels in Port Dickson Malaysia (which I got from my friend Anne).  When I got to see this picture I was amazed on how they thought of making that cover as lovely as that. 

I see this one as yet another inspiration.  It is but normal that we will encounter difficulties; what is life without these challenges right.  We will never appreciate how happy we can be if we were not in our lowest moments? Yes, it is normal and how an individual face such situation makes all the difference.

Negative feelings are normal; it will always be part of what we are but most of the time we tend to avoid them thinking that it will not give us anything good.  That mindset is correct but avoiding these negative feelings should be done in a right manner.

I am not an expert on anything but this is how I view things in my simplest way.
For me, the first thing to do is to acknowledging the negative feeling / situation. Acknowledging is like recognizing the situation as a situation first and not as something that will lead into something. 

Once I have acknowledged the situation, I will assess how it happened and its root cause.  This will help me better understand why a particular situation happened, this will help me think of ways to go around the situation and accept it.

Acceptance is a key role for me, this is when I stop thinking about the situation and will start looking for possibilities. How can the situation help me, how can I grow? This is when our mindset from a negative situation is turned around to be beneficial and will eventually be a good situation.

Always looking at things on a positive side has always been my mantra in life, some of my friends and colleagues say that I am very positive.  The reason behind that is I always believe that everything happens for a reason and that every obstacle is a learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment