Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 18 September 2015

Sagada: Sumaguing Cave (Big Cave)

Following my introduction blog about Sagada, let me share with you what happened next after we dropped our stuff at home.

We went to Sumaguing Cave. 


It was a one of the tourist spots in Sagada and I must warn you that you have to prepare yourself that there will be a lot of walking and climbing involved.


Here we are getting ready to explore the rest of the cave.
If you can see the people at the left part of the picture, they are our guides preparing to light our way.

Tip: Bring Flashlight that can be tied to your head! haha

It took us more or less 45 minutes to reach the last part of the cave (where tourist can visit) and I can only imagine what else was in there.  We were accompanied by our tour guide, Kuya Theodore, who helped us in every rock and step inside the cave.  You will see a lot of rock formation down there but they were not edgy because of the clear cold water that was flowing in their skin all these years.


The rocks were smooth ones when you look at them but rough enough to hold your feet when you step at them.  Such a wonder how the rocks were formed that way.


This one was particularly called "The Pregnant with Twins".
I had to touch it -- alam nyo na!

We went down and climbed using a trusty and durable rope -- it was not as easy as I imagined. Especially I'm heavy and I had a hard time carrying my entire weight but it was worth the try.



It was edgy going down and the excitement to see what's in there made it more interesting to move forward.  They said that when its raining, it gets flooded in there so we were lucky that it was not raining at that time.  





This one is called "Birthday Cake - Mocha Flavor" may flavor talaga



Because (of course) of its color -- looks yummy!
That white one is cold water flowing over the cake!



Because we were tired walking -- we want to sit and just wait.


This one is the highlight of the cave.
Kuya Theodore called it "King and Queen"

 


This is the last part of the cave!
Kind of edgy at this part already but the water remained to be clear and (so) cold!


I thought it was hard to go deep down the cave, it was harder to go out the cave actually! Though the first part would be a bit breeze because it was all rocks and forms, when you reach the openning of the cave, the stairs will welcome you and you have to climb them all.

I will admit that I was literally catching my breath as I go up but again it was really worth the walk!

Til our next Sagada Adventure!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment