Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Reminder: Give it back!


Just this afternoon, I took the MRT and I specifically queued up to the women's area in MRT.  There was a male senior citizen lined up as well and he has an arm support on his left arm, he was wearing a face mask and he was walking too slow.  He has one eco bag with I think some documents in it.


When he entered the train, the guard asked the girls (sitting) to let him sit.  I was standing at that time and I was looking at him as he slowly took his seat.

He dropped off at Boni Station - luckily he was able to alight given that he walked too slow.  Just when he was about to reach the hand grills at the platform, a man passed by him and moved his hand away from the grills.  He can't do anything, I felt that he was restless.

It came to me -- how could he be travelling alone? It seemed that he came from a hospital or a clinic and clearly needed medical attention.  I don't know his family's current situation, why it happened but I do not wish to see the same situation again. 

--------------

My simple wake up call is:
"Make sure that I will be there when my parents need my time and attention".

What's your wake up call?

Xoxo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment