Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Monday 9 July 2012

Pre Nuptial Inspirations

It's already August and soon it will be the "ber" months now.  What is it that we look forward to during December?  I know, I know, it's Christmas Season! The time to be jolly, gift giving, sharing and everything!  But aside from that what else??

Hey, this is the new Wedding Month! Long ago that it used to be June, now it's December! :D

What made me even more excited was about the wedding preparations AND of course, now a days we have this thing called "Engagement Photographs" also known as "Pre-Nuptial Pictorials".

One of the many things that I enjoy a lot is looking at pre-nuptial pictorials.
Even if I had mine two years ago, I still smile every time I browse through our album.  I already discussed my thoughts about this activity (Click here to read more!) and I don't think it will change anytime soon. 

Anyways, my intent of writing this blog is to highlight some of the things that inspired me as I was browsing a lot of engagement shots.  I would like to share some of the things that made me smile.

First off, in our generation now, there are a lot of things to do about pre-nuptial pictorials.  It is just a matter of how imaginative and creative the couple would be and how far they can go in terms of experimenting.

My two cents: 

(1) Think about your theme - this is where you will get inspiration for what to wear, how to look and where your photo shoot will focus.

      - Special place (zoo, cemetery, mountain, beach) / event
      - Movie (romantic / comedy / sci-fi / anime / fantasy / horror (duh!)
      - Period of time (Greek Mythology / Medieval / Futuristic / Stone Age)
      - Profession (teacher / doctor / traffic enforcer / model / fireman / clown)
      - Sports (basketball / volleyball / swimming / baseball / tumbang preso)


(2) Think about your props - if you are not that imaginative on your theme, might as well step up on your props.

      - Balloons, Bubbles
      - Your pet
      - board games (chess / monopoly / scrabbles / poker )
      - party items (confetti / shout out / party hat)
      - Masquerade


Regardless of what you think your pre-nuptial inspiration would be the most important person to look for is your trustee photographer :). Well, my husband and I was very lucky to have Noel Salazar.

Here are my favorite engagement photos (in no particular order):



Couple: Mr and Mrs Babsy and Jerry Santander
Location: OMNI Aviation
Photographer: Paul Vincent Photography

Very imaginative indeed to use aircraft as your props! If you plan to do this then definitely you should work on your permit to shot in the area.


Couple: Mr and Mrs Angela and Joseph Paloma
Location: Philippine National Construction Corporation
Photographer: Jayson and Joanne Arquiza

Another good shot and you can see how creative the couple are! I liked the location and how they dressed up for it. Engagement shots does not need look cheerful all the time, sometime a little attitude works out well.



Photographer: Noel Salazar

Boy, this one is big! Getting this far to shoot with highly powerful equipment is very out of the box!  



Photographer: Jed Ray Calara

Nice car, nice place and in love couple! You can see from their red tops!



Couple: Mr and Mrs Raquel and Jonathan Tamayo
Location: Makati City
Photographer: Ralph Alejandrino

Very elegant indeed! Couple is showcasing their elegant style with a vintage car.  I particularly liked Raquel's dress and it matched with Jonathan's jeans and sneakers! Good twist.

 
Couple: Mr and Mrs Katrina and Emmanuel Kalaw
Location: La Luz Resort
Photographer: Eros Portrait

If you want a relaxing feel about your engagement shot then doing it in a beach resort will give you more photo opps and options.



Couple: Mr and Mrs Cecil and Armando Buen
Location: CCP Manila
Photographer: Angge Barcelona and Marco Quimson

Or simply a stroll in the bay walk holding hands, isn't sweet? Always remember that your outfit should match the location, or else it may not look very well in your photos.  Nevertheless, if you want to be outrageous and creative then that's another topic.

   
Couple: Mr and Mrs Carla Navarra
Location: Where else?!
Photographer: Daniel Lei Studio

Are you asking about being relaxed? Now this is my winner for that category!  Couple was very creative to choose this theme for their engagement shot!  Now who wants to snooze after this shot? :D


Location: Classroom in Xavier!
Photographer: Noel Salazar


Why not take the engagement shot where you and your fiance first met or studied?  It would be nice to go back to where you all started.


Couple: Mr and Mrs Joyce and Jasper Comia
Location: Canossa Academy
Photographer: Exige Photography and Rupert Ramos (Nice print)

It is always nice to reminisce about those days when you were at school, now you are about to go to church to exchange vows, that's sweet!


Location: Movie house
Photographer: Noel Salazar

Are you the type of couple who loves movies? Then this theme is applicable to you!


Location: Basketball court
Photographer: Noel Salazar

Not into movies huh? Maybe a sport?  Cool shots inside the basketball arena are fun to see!  You can see the playfulness in couples!


Location: Rapide
Photographer: Noel Salazar

This is another cute and creative theme! Of all places who would have thought about Rapide?  I particularly liked it when they used all the tools and cars in the place.


Photographer: Noel Salazar

This is to tell the world that you are marrying a super hero.  Spider Man for this matter!  Very inspiring because having this theme says a lot.


Location: Clark, Pampangga
Photographer: Imagine Nation

If you said "will you marry me" in a hot air balloon, then might as well do your engagement shot here. Memorable place isn't it.


Location: Operating Room
Photographer: Jayjay Lucas

Don't ask! This couple is both doctors and so I guess the perfect place to do your engagement shot is in an operating room!  After all, this is where they spend most of their time.


Photographer: Jayjay Lucas

Now this is one of my favorite!  I do not know this couple but I can say that they are a "perfect match". :D

There you go, these are my top favorites. There are a lot of inspiration to draw from the internet, friends, photographers and studios but I hope that I was able to make you smile.

Happy Shooting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment